Registering on the GeniePoint Network is a quick and simple process that gives you access to all chargers on our public network. Below is a straightforward guide on how to get started.
- To get started to charge on the GeniePoint Network, we first need you to register yourself as a driver through our app. You can download our app through your App store. Once you have downloaded the app, you can then start the registration process. This shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes.
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, open the home screen and click ‘Login/access’. Next click the ‘Register’ button to begin.
- We will then ask you to enter some basic personal details so that we can set up your account. Click ‘Register’ when you’re done to move to the next step. Click ‘continue’ when you have input your address and vehicle information.
- We will then ask for your payment details.
Tip: Auto Top Up will automatically debit £10.00 from your default payment card when registering a new account and also when your GeniePoint account falls below a zero balance. Your account balance will be brought back to £10.00 by Auto Top Up to ensure you always have credit to charge your vehicle.
You can change this setting in My Account at any time.
- Click ‘Add card & finish’.
- Almost done! Check your email account (including your spam/junk folder) for our email to verify your email address. Click on the link in the email to verify your account.
- Your account has now been set up and verified. You’re ready to charge!
For instructions on how to start a charge session, please follow our user guide "How to start a charge”.
Tip: Alternatively, if you would like to charge with GeniePoint as a guest, just click the ‘Charge as a guest’ link below the Register button.
Charging as a guest
Charging as a guest is an option we offer to drivers who want to charge once off on the GeniePoint Network. it is a simple and quick process that gives you access to all chargers on our public network.
- To charge as a guest you need to download our app through your App store. Once you have downloaded the app, submit your details and we can get you charging as soon as possible.
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, open the home screen and click ‘Login/access’. Next, click the link to ‘Charge as a guest’.
- If you would like to receive a receipt from your charge, tick the box marked ‘Email me a receipt’. If you don’t wish to receive a receipt, simply leave it unticked. Click ‘Continue to payment’.
- We will then ask for your payment details. When you have this filled in, click ‘Add card & finish’. We will automatically debit your card £20 as a reserve towards charging. This will be added to your balance and can be used to charge. The reserve ensures you have balance to charge with. Any amount not used from your balance during your charge, will be refunded onto your card. You have now been verified to charge.
You’re ready to charge!
Tip: We don’t capture your personal details during the transaction. You will need to repeat the process if you wish to charge again on the GeniePoint Network. Alternatively, you can register and get charging in no time!
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Check out our Guides to charging
Our chargers are very user friendly, however, we know that not everything is straightforward at first. If you are having an issue while at a charger, or simply looking for information, our guides are the quickest way to get it. For more information on using the GeniePoint Network, you can refer to our main guides page.